In April 2007, Twenty-One Confirmed Deaths of Practitioners Due to Torture (Photos)

In April 2007, an additional twenty one deaths of Falun Gong practitioners
in China due to torture were confirmed. Among them, sixteen practitioners died
between January and March in 2007 and five died in April 2007. Eight practitioners,
38 percent, were females, and thirteen, 67 percent, were seniors over fifty
years old.

To date, the Clearwisdom website has collected 3030 confirmed deaths of Falun
Gong practitioners in China due to abuse and torture since the Chinese Communist
Party (CCP) and the Jiang Zemin's minions began persecuting Falun Gong in July
1999. These numbers were confirmed through unofficial channels, as the CCP keeps
tight control over the information about the persecution. The actual death count
is estimated to be much higher. During the close to eight years of this
unprecedented persecution, many practitioners were arrested, illegally
imprisoned, and many disappeared. More than a year ago, the CCP's harvesting
organs from live Falun Gong practitioners was exposed to the international
community. Facing worldwide condemnation, the CCP, specialized in sophistry for
its crimes, only publicly acknowledged that the organs for transplant were all
from executed criminals, an allegation that the CCP had denied in the past. An
independent international investigation committee discovered that according to
official data from China, there were over sixty thousand organ transplants but
only over one thousand executed criminals during the past few years. The CCP has
not responded.

The twenty one deaths confirmed in April 2007 were found in the following
provinces, cities, and Autonomous Regions (ARs): Jilin Province (four deaths),
Heilongjiang Province (three deaths), Hubei Province (three deaths), Shandong
Province (three deaths), Liaoning Province (two deaths), Sichuan Province (one
death), Inner Mongolia AR (one death), Tianjin City (one death), Jiangxi
Province (one death), Shanxi Province (one death), and Shaanxi Province (one

There were teachers, professionals, retirees, factory workers, farmers, and
others. Many of these practitioners had serious illnesses (some were even fatal
diseases) before they practiced Falun Gong. After they practiced Falun Gong and
lived by the principles of Truthfulness, Benevolence, and Forbearance, they
regained their health and improved their moral standards. Falun Gong provides
hundreds of benefits and brings no harm to the public and the nation. When Falun
Dafa was slandered, these people held onto their beliefs and kept clarifying the
truth. The CCP treated them as a political enemy and carried out an
unprecedented and inhuman political persecution.

When practitioner Ms. Sun Houlian from Xiayu Village, Gaoling Town, Mouping
District, Yantai City, Shandong Province, was imprisoned at the Zibo City Number
Two Women's Forced Labor Camp, Wang Village, Zibo City, Shandong Province, she
was forced to watch other practitioners being hung up and beaten. That left a
deep psychological scar on her mind. She was tortured to death on March 16,
2007, at the age of 57. Because the CCP's annihilation policy “to
ruin [Falun Gong practitioners] reputation, bankrupt [them] financially, and
destroy [them] physically
” and “beating to death is counted as
suicide,” the guards and police were given the license to kill and maim at
will. They were not held accountable for injuries, maiming or death.
Practitioner Mr. Yang Pingshen, 64, died due to torture at the Nanchang Prison,
Jiangxi Province, in March 2007. The family received no more than a box of his
ashes after being notified of his death.

Purchasing Agent Mr. Liu Jingming Died at the Age of Thirty Nine

Practitioner Mr. Liu Jingming from Heilongjiang Province worked at Qiqihar
City Chinese Medicine Hospital, Heilongjiang Province. He was honored as an
“outstanding” purchasing agent. During the CCP's extremely brutal
persecution against Falun Gong, Mr. Liu Jingming had been illegally imprisoned,
sent to forced labor camp and tortured. On February 8, 2007, he was detained at
Tailai Prison. It took wardens at Tailai Prison only 46 days to torture thirty
nine year-old Mr. Liu to death. At 7 p.m. on March 24, 2007, Warden Ji Hengtai
of the Training Unit at Tailai Prison phoned Liu Jingming's home. He claimed
that Mr. Liu died after “jumping out of the window of the building” at
1:40 a.m. on March 24. The CCP has used this excuse for almost eight years after
murdering practitioners.

Practitioner Mr. Liu Jingming from Qiqihar City, Heilongjiang

Practitioner Mr. Liu Jingming was born on July 23, 1968. He worked at Qiqihar
City Chinese Medicine Hospital and was considered an “outstanding”
purchasing agent. He began to practice Falun Gong in 1995, and lived his life by
the principles “Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance.” He thought of
others first before doing or saying anything. He was not corrupt or selfish when
he worked as a purchasing agent. He treated people kindly, and was recognized as
a good person by the entire hospital staff. His invention “two sections
stick” for the hospital's security department was patented by the China
Patent Office in 1995. The hospitals suffered from severe water loss in 2001.
Most of the taps leaked, and the hospital could not get it fixed after spending
a great deal of money. Mr. Liu Jingming fixed all the taps in the hospital
without asking for compensation. The hospital staff no longer had problems with
the water taps. The savings to the hospital amounted to several thousands yuan a
year. The hospital emblem he engraved in 2002 during his spare time still hangs
in the hospital office.

Sadly, such a kindhearted, compassionate and good person who lived by the
principles “Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance” was imprisoned and
taken to a forced labor camp. They extorted money, and sentenced and murdered
him after Falun Dafa was banned in 1999 by the CCP.

At 11 a.m. on March 25, some of Liu's family members went to Tailai Prison.
Warden Ji Hengtai claimed that the guards at the prison “cared” for
practitioners. When questioned about the cause of Liu Jingming's death, Ji
Hengtai said, “We carry out forced 'transformation' of practitioners. Mr.
Liu Jingming was 'very stubborn.' He would not recite prison rules, only his
Teacher's articles. Mr. Liu Jingming chose death because he 'felt that the
prison term was too long.'”

Ji Hengtai claimed that Mr. Liu Jingming was held in the training cell on the
3rd floor. At 1:15 am on March 24, Mr. Liu Jingming asked
to go to the toilet. Two prisoners were on duty and one was smoking outside the
cell. The prisoner alleged that he heard the sound of the iron window opening.
He went inside to grab Mr. Liu Jingming's right hand. Mr. Liu Jingming escaped
and jumped out of the window through the open iron bars. Five minutes later,
they carried Liu Jingming to the prison hospital. Mr. Liu Jingming died at 1:40
am on March 24, 2007.

Family members, deeply grieved, asked indignantly, “Since Mr. Liu
Jingming died at 1:40 a.m., why did the prison staff not notify the family until
7 p.m.? What did you do for those 18 hours? Can iron bars be so easily broken
loose at the prison? Besides, Mr. Liu Jingming endured great suffering from
forced-transformation, was tortured daily and was emaciated. Where did he get
the strength to break open the iron bars? Mr. Liu Jingming's knees were purple
and black. There was blood and other marks on his knees. This was certainly
caused by long term kneeling.” The prison could not answer.

Tailai Prison, Heilongjiang Province

When the family members, with eyes filled with tears saw Mr. Liu Jingming's
body, they were shocked. The body was horribly mangled. The right side of the
head was caved in. The face and entire body was horribly damaged. The woolen
sweater and pants he wore were soaked with blood, but his underwear and
underpants did not show any bloodstains. Mr. Liu Jingming's elder sister said
that this was not his underwear. The left leg showed signs of possible torture.
The right leg had a hole, which was approximately 5 to 6 centimeters in
diameter. The right leg was twisted and both knees were purple and black and
showed coagulated blood.

Mr. Liu Jingming's body frozen at the Tailai Prison Hospital

According to an anonymous source, Mr. Liu Jingming and other Falun Gong
practitioners were taken to the Tailai Prison on February 8, 2007. They were
first put in the Training Center to undergo forced “transformation
through torture. On March 22, 2007, “Touring Speakers” went to Tailai
Prison to slander Dafa, Mr. Liu Jingming, Mr. Ren Yingqun and other two Falun
Gong practitioners stood up to expose the lies. They were brutally tortured
afterwards. Wardens and criminal inmate Zhou Lixin beat him to death. Because
his body had many injury marks, they could not claim him as “sudden death
of heart failure” to deceive his family, so the prison fabricated the
“jumping out of window.” The prison put Zhou Lixin into a confined
compartment so that the truth would not be revealed.

(More information can be found at http://www.clearwisdom.net

The Annihilation Torture Did not Leave a Senior over Seventy in Peace

Practitioner Mr. Zhao Dianbin, 78 years old, was from Chifeng City, the Inner
Mongolian AR. Zhao Dianbin was originally from the Songshan District of Chifeng
City. He used to suffer from various illnesses such as asthma and heart disease
caused by lung disorders. His annual medical costs were the highest at his place
of employment. Mr. Zhao started to practice Falun Dafa in 1996 and all his
illnesses were cured. His face turned red and his gray hair turned black. He no
longer needed to spend a penny on medicine.

In July 1999, the CCP and Jiang's regime started to persecute Falun Dafa. On
July 22, 1999, several policemen roughly forced Mr. Zhao into a police vehicle
when he was practicing the Falun Gong exercises in front of Chifeng City Museum.
They drove him and other practitioners to a mountain in a far-away Chifeng
suburban area. Then they pushed him and the other practitioners out of the
vehicle and left. The practitioners had to walk a long way home. On July 23,
1999, police chief Liu Qi from the Xitun local police station in the Hongshan
District arrested Mr. Zhao at his home and took him to the police station. The
police forced Mr. Zhao, in his seventies, to stay under the steaming hot sun
until he fell over from heat exhaustion. One sympathetic policeman finally let
him go home.

In October 1999, Zhao Dianbin went to Beijing to appeal for Dafa. The Beijing
police arrested him and detained him in Huairou County (a Beijing suburb), where
CCP personnel threatened Mr. Zhao that they would “execute” him. Later
they took Mr. Zhao to the Chifeng City Liaison Office in Beijing. Then he was
taken back to Chifeng. Zheng Hongchao (or Zheng Hongtao) stole Mr. Zhao's money
that he had in his pocket.

On October 30, 2000, CCP personnel from the Hongshan District suddenly
arrived at Mr. Zhao's residence to ransack his home and confiscate his personal
belongings. They arrested him, his wife Mrs. Zou Reihuan, his son Mr. Zhao
Hongyang, and daughter-in-law Mrs. Zhao Chunfeng. All of them were later cruelly
tortured. Policeman Yang Liping and another officer used barbaric methods to
torture Mr. Zhao Dianbin. They used electric shocks and brutal beatings. In
addition, they handcuffed him and then tightened the cuffs until he passed out.
They then fabricated an oral confession and pressed his fingerprint on the paper
while he was unconscious. After that, they used this falsified oral confession
to implicate Mr. Zhao's daughter, Ms. Zhao Shuzhen, who worked in Beijing. This
case provided false testimony for the notorious officials Bu Ren and others, who
used it as their justification to torture Mr. Zhao Hongyang, Mrs. Zhao Chunfeng,
and Mrs. Zou Ruihuan.

The CCP personnel spread lies about Ms. Zhao Shuzhen and gathered over a
dozen police officers to go to Beijing to arrest her. They claimed that they had
solved an important case. The officers and Chifeng TV Station videotaped Ms.
Zhao Shuzhen, and broadcast it on the Inner Mongolia AR TV Station channel. They
broadcast information on Ms. Zhao's whole family and her relatives. In addition,
they asked her to comment on the staged “self-immolation” case. Ms.
Zhao said, “Dafa practitioners do not kill any animals, not to mention a
human being.” The Hongshan District Court sentenced Ms. Zhao to three years
in prison, and locked her up in the First Women's Prison in Huhhot, Inner
Mongolia AR.

CCP personnel in Chifeng detained Mr. Zhao in the Hongshan District Detention
Center. They stole the 220 yuan he had with him and also extorted 6,000 yuan.
Officer Yang Liping would not issue a receipt.

In May 2005, officials from the Hongshan District suddenly broke into Zhao
Honghai's residence. They confiscated the recordings of Dafa lectures. In
October 2006, they suddenly broke into Mr. Zhao Dianbin's residence and took
away the family's inherited silver.

In addition, Yin Shouming from Tienan Police Station in the Hongshan
District, Xu Caiyun from the Residential Committee, and Ma and Zou Jinglin from
the Street Administration Office went to Mr. Zhao's home repeatedly, trying to
drive him out of their jurisdiction. They came day and night to threaten him.
They pounded on the door, and yelled wildly. His neighbors were horrified. Mr.
Zhao's three sons, three daughters-in-law, and three daughters were all arrested
and put into prison for practicing Falun Gong.

Mr. Zhao Dianbin had been harassed by CCP personnel for a long time. His
entire family had suffered various degrees of persecution. As a result of the
relentless persecution, Mr. Zhao passed away on March 20, 2007.

(More information can be found at http://www.clearwisdom.net

Middle School Teacher Mr. Chen Qiji from Hubei Province Was Tortured to
Death, Leaving White-Haired Parents and Small Child Behind

Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Chen Qiji, 46, was a middle school teacher in
Jinmen City, Hubei Province. Because he firmly held onto his belief and publicly
spoke the truth about Falun Dafa and the persecution, he was sentenced to ten
years in Shayang Prison in Hubei Province. He was brutally tortured and died in
April 2007.

Mr. Chen Qiji was about 6 feet tall and was physically strong. Because he was
firm in his belief and continued to practice Falun Dafa, he was brutally
mistreated by CCP officials. He was sentenced to three years of forced labor in
1999 and was arrested again in 2004 because he was publicly clarifying
the truth
about the persecution. He was sentenced to ten years in prison
secretly without any legal procedures.

During his detention in Shayang Prison, Mr. Chen Qiji remained firm in his
belief. As punishment, he endured numerous kinds of cruel torture until his life
was in danger. On February 7, 2007, the Prison Administration was worried that
he might die in the prison, so they took him home at the brink of death. Mr.
Chen died on April 3, 2007.

Mr. Chen Qiji's wife, Ms. Li Yanhua, is also a Falun Dafa practitioner. She
supported her husband's practice. She was also arrested in 2004 and illegally
sentenced to ten years in prison. She is currently detained in the Wuhan Women's
Prison. The couple has not seen each other for the past six years due to the
persecution. She was not allowed to see her husband even when he was dying. Now
there are only Mr. Chen's parents (both in their 70s) and Ms. Li's mother (in
her 80s) taking care of their young child.

(More information can be found at http://www.clearwisdom.net

* * * * * *

The evil persecution against Falun Gong practitioners has lasted for almost
eight years. Every torture case is a balance to measure the righteous versus the
evil, the kind versus the wicked. In front of this inhuman brutal persecution,
which side of the balance will people choose? Where will their consciousness
take them? When the judgment day mentioned by many prophesies in history comes,
what they choose today will decide where they will go.

May everyone on earth see that the CCP's persecution against Falun Gong is an
insult against human moral standards and a persecution of all human beings.

May 4, 2007

Posting date: 11/May/2007
Original article date: 11/May/2007
Category: News from China


Leave a Comment